This Blog is about our “wilderness experience” (aka life on planet earth) and sharing our thoughts on how to cope with life!
Is this Blog for you?
Are you constantly exhausted, overstressed, feeling overwhelmed? Do you sometimes feel like a hamster in a wheel, doing the same thing every day and never really accomplishing anything? Do you get tired of the constant barrage of voices in the media and elsewhere telling you what to believe, who to follow, who to hate?
Do you find yourself longing for days gone by, when times were “simpler”, when you could close your door to your home and close out all the negativity that’s in the world? Maybe you are younger, and this chaotic, overcrowded, overexposed world is all you have ever known?
In today’s world of 24/7 Social media, instant gratification, 24 hour news cycle, everyone’s a “Youtube star”…we see the following facts or “statistics”:
- An estimated 40% of marriages end in divorce
- Suicide rates have gone up 30% in the last 10 years
- 1 out of 6 people in America are on some sort of anti-depressant/anti-anxiety. The CDC is reporting that there was a 400% increase in anti-depressant usage from the years 2005 – 2008 .
- Drug /Heroin overdoses are becoming so commonplace that police are administering Narcan to revive people. The numbers of people dying from drug overdoses is so high that it is actually reducing our life expectancy.
- Video game addictions are now considered a “medical condition”
- Autism, ADHD, Asperger’s has skyrocketed. The number of Autism cases has risen 78% since the year 2000!
These are only a few of the depressing statistics we could point out. We are not even going to talk about the increase in alcoholism, domestic violence, violent crime, cancer rates (particularly in younger people), wars, natural disasters, terror attacks, human trafficking, starvation, global pandemics and plagues.
WOW! We ARE in the WILDERNESS! The point is, as this world grows more crowded, higher paced, more “linked in”, more and more people are suffering, sick, frustrated, angry, depressed, and lonely! Basically, people are losing hope – rapidly!
Where do we turn? Who do we believe? Where is our HOPE? These are our WILDERNESS CRIES!
Stay tuned for our next blog post where we will begin our search for answers to life’s most difficult questions…Stuff that happens in the wilderness, and our response! We hope to see you back soon! 😊